Electronic filing is fast and easy and significantly reduces the
processing errors associated with paper filing.
Electronic filing has the following benefits:
- Faster refunds, especially when you request direct deposit.
- Proof of receipt by IRS service center the moment the return is accepted.
- IRS employees do not handle electronically filed returns.
If you owe money, electronic filing offers you more payment options than paper filing, including:
- Direct debit from your bank account.
- Credit card payments through an authorized IRS e-Pay service provider, although these providers do charge a fee.
- Mailing payment to the IRS processing address using a 1040V voucher.
At Kohart & Company we will use the "electronic signature" system to speed the processing of a return. Your "electronic signature" consists of information we already have from the prior year return, your name, SSN, date of birth, and a five-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). You may choose any five-digit number you like for this purpose. When your return is completed and you have reviewed it, you will sign and return Form 8879 to us which will give us the authority to use your PIN number and electronically file your return for you.
Important Note About Electronic Filing
In order for your return to be accepted by the IRS electronic filing system, the names used for taxpayers, spouses and dependents must match those on file with the Social Security Administration. Please make certain the names and social security numbers in the organizer agree with your social security card(s).